Shay Mikalson believes we will be known by the problems we solve–and so in all his professional work he has aimed to creatively support teachers, students, parents, school leaders, districts, regional educational centers, and organizations with the uncommon ability to see a need and implement a problem-solving solution.
Shay Mikalson’s mission is to drive change in places of great need through the pursuit of two aspects in the work: education and implementation.
Education–Shay Mikalson continues to provide opportunities to educate others in the pursuit of ideas that create change–inspiring, challenging, and encouraging others to make our school communities better by making ideas into concrete action through:
- Consulting Engagements that include strategic advisory services, systems integration, and school improvement project application and development. From the strategic alignment of meaningful performance evaluations, job-embedded professional development, and new compensation models to the development of personalized learning solutions empowered by technology that include SIS integration, one-to-one digital conversions, and data use services that build educators’ abilities to analyze data and drive sustainable change through better instructional decisions–Shay Mikalson focuses on creating new solutions to old problems. Your creation could be next by contacting Shay Mikalson at email@example.com.
- Professional Development that embeds itself in classrooms, schools, and districts by taking a hands-on approach with local data and curriculum to help educators improve the way teachers teach and students learn, implement knowledge-rich curriculum and strengthening areas like school leadership and climate. From data coaching and the creation of data rooms, to the translating of standards into an actionable language for teaching and learning, to proficiency/competency-based education, to family and school community engagement–Shay Mikalson understands that to bring about real and lasting change learning cannot be limited to students but must instead ensure that the entire school community can grow, evolve and adapt accordingly. Your growth could be next by contacting Shay Mikalson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Implementation–Shay Mikalson has demonstrated his ability to speak into the work and school improvement projects of others, because he continues to be a practitioner doing the hard work himself. Shay Mikalson understands the challenges firsthand. As a current and active educator with hands-on classroom, principal, district administrative, and superintendent experience, Shay Mikalson continues to implement many professional projects, some of which are highlighted below, that aim to end educational inequality by providing excellent teachers to the students who need them most and by advancing policies and practices that ensure effective teaching in every classroom:
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards Accomplished District;
- Excellence and Equity Review;
- Strategic Planning and Communication;
- $268 Million Capital Construction Bond;
- Start-Up High Schools;
- School Start Times;
- Comprehensive Planning and Governance;
- High School Schedule Change;
- Professional Advancement and Support System;
- Future Ready Education Today;
- Digital Conversion;
- Apple Distinguished District Program;
- Online PLUS;
- IEE Rwanda;
- 21st Century Curriculum;
- CLASS Project (Creative Leadership Achieves Student Success);
- Student Information Systems;
- Redmond Proficiency Academy;
- Redmond High School Capital Construction Remodel;
- Ridgview High School Capital Construction Project;
- Job-Embedded Professional Learning and School Improvement; and
- Freshman Academy Structures.
Shay Mikalson understands there is strength in numbers. Making a stronger unit by working together to solve problems collectively is what defines all his professional work. Shay Mikalson’s professional mission remains dedicated to helping individuals and organizations lean toward action and implementation by propelling progress in stagnant places of great need.
Together, we will be known by the problems we solve.